Canaries Christmas & Funchal Fireworks Cruise 2016
Escape the typically cold, wet weather of a British December and enjoy a memorable festive period in the warm sunshine of the Canaries on this fantastic Christmas cruise. Spend Christmas Eve in the magical Moroccan city of Casablanca and relax on the beautiful beaches of Arrecife, Lanzarote on Boxing Day – the perfect tonic after spending the ‘big day’ at sea enjoying the special festivities on board the ship. You'll then see out the final week of 2016 touring the Canaries, moving on to Madeira on New Year’s Eve.
Boudicca - 18 December 2016 - 18 Nights
Go dolphin watching and visit the famous Casa de Colón – where Christopher Columbus stayed during his epic voyage – in Las Palmas; explore the dense forests and rich fauna of the National Park of Garajonay in La Gomera; and climb Spain’s highest mountain at Teide National Park in Tenerife. Welcome the arrival of 2017 in style in fabulous Funchal where you’ll be perfectly placed to watch the fantastic festive fireworks fill the night-sky above the stunning island landscape as the clock strikes midnight – a breathtaking and unforgettable spectacle.
Prices From £2179
December 2016 Sun 18 Late PM Liverpool, UK
Liverpool - the home of The Beatles - is one of Britain's most iconic and interesting cities.Wed 21 Early AM Late PM
Explore the history and culture of Vigo.Fri 23 Early AM Late PM
Cadiz - one of Western Europe's most ancient cities - hugs Andalusia’s sunlit Atlantic coast and is characterised by palm trees, lookout towers and weathered old buildings. Historic and pretty, the city centre is a joy to explore with a fascinating Old Town district containing huge stone walls from the 1500s and a beautifully carved cathedral.Sat 24 Early AM Late Night
The most cosmopolitan of Morocco’s cities.Mon 26 Early AM Late PM
Arrecife is the gateway to the island of Lanzarote.
Arrecife, Lanzarote must do
THE FIRE MOUNTAINS (TOUR A)
- Discover the lunar landscape of the Timanfaya National Park
- Enjoy an optional unique camel ride around the foot of one of the volcanoes in the park
- View the awe-inspiring salt flats of Janubio
- Enjoy a spot of wine tasting in the La Geria region
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Benefitting from Gran Canaria's gorgeous climate and year-round warmth, Las Palmas is one of the Canary Island's most popular destinations, attracting thousands of sun-seekers every year who visit the island to relax on the abundance of golden-sand beaches and immerse themselves in the diverse range of cultures.
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria must do
PALMITOS PARK (TOUR J)
- Visit one of Gran Canaria’s most popular attractions
- Experience the exciting world of Palmitos Park, with ample free time to discover its many highlights
- Observe the park’s many fascinating creatures and take the opportunity to enjoy a walk around the botanical gardens
San Sebastian, La Gomera
San Sebastian is the little capital of one of the lesser-known, yet beautiful Canary Islands - La Gomera.
San Sebastian, La Gomera must do
GOMERA LANDSCAPE & JARDIN TECINA (TOUR B)
- Experience the distinctive atmosphere and ambience of the magnificent Jardin Tecina Hotel
- Explore the natural beauty of the National Park of Garajonay
- Take in breathtaking views from some fantastic viewpoints
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Tenerife’s wonderful climate and resorts have been attracting tourism for decades and rightly so. Santa Cruz is built around boulevards and wide avenues that link elegant squares and parks. A tour to the exotic Botanical Gardens or the mystical and intriguing Pyramids of Guimar is a must.
Santa Cruz de Tenerife must do
PYRAMIDS OF GUIMAR & SECRET GARDEN (TOUR EXC)
- Feel like you have stepped back in time as you discover the terraced structures, known as the Pyramids of Güímar
- Learn more about the mysterious complex that has been astronomically positioned
- Enjoy the Secret Garden and marvel at some of the most dangerous plants in the world!
Santa Cruz is undoubtedly one of the prettiest towns in the entire archipelago.
Santa Cruz must do
NORTH OF THE ISLAND (TOUR A)
- Marvel at La Palma’s stunning and varied landscapes
- Admire the beautiful flora found on the island
- Discover the spectacular and unique laurel forest
- Learn how rum is produced, before enjoying a sample!
Located off the coast of Africa, Funchal has a timeless charm, delightfully enhanced by a benign climate that fills this 'floating garden' with the year-round colours and perfumes of subtropical flowers and fruit.January 2017 Thu 05 Early AM
Loved by Fred.’s staff and guests alike, beautiful Boudicca oozes a sense of class, style and elegance not seen or experienced on modern megaships and floating theme parks. On board Boudicca, like on all Fred. Olsen ships, the emphasis is on providing an intimate and more traditional cruise experience, ensuring our guests disembark after their relaxing holiday as friends, not just customers.
Up to 880 guests can cruise in pure comfort on board Boudicca, enjoying ample space and fantastic restaurants, lounges, bars and facilities. Indulge yourself with delicious dinners in the Four Seasons, Tintagel or the Heligan Room restaurants; take a dip in one of the three heated pools; watch a show in the Neptune Lounge; simply relax on the Sun Deck; enjoy al fresco dining at The Grill and much more without ever feeling overcrowded. Cruising alongside hundreds, not thousands of like-minded travellers also ensures that staff on board Boudicca can provide Fred.’s renowned personal, attentive service, catering to your every want and need.
Boudicca sails from ports all around the UK, and thanks to her new Terrace Balcony Rooms, offers plenty of opportunities to enjoy unforgettable sights and experiences as you cruise the world’s most spectacular waterways to a string of stunning destinations.