Canaries Christmas & New Year 2016
Escape the typically cold, wet weather of a British December and enjoy a memorable festive period in the warm sunshine of the Canaries on this fantastic Christmas cruise. Spend Christmas Eve in the magical Moroccan city of Casablanca and relax on the beautiful beaches of Arrecife on Boxing Day – the perfect tonic after spending the ‘big day’ at sea enjoying the special festivities on board the ship.
Balmoral - 20 December 2016 - 18 Nights
See out the final week of 2016 touring the gorgeous Canary Islands, arriving in Tenerife on New Year’s Eve. Go dolphin watching and visit the famous Casa de Colón – where Christopher Columbus stayed during his epic voyage – in Las Palmas and explore the dense forests and rich fauna of the National Park of Garajonay in La Gomera. Welcome the arrival of 2017 in style in Santa Cruz where fantastic firework displays will fill the sky with vibrant colours as the clock strikes twelve and extravagant parties will continue long into the night – an unforgettable way to bring in the New Year.
Prices From £2199
December 2016 Tue 20 Late PM Southampton, UK
We offer a range of fantastic cruises from Southampton. Sail to the warmth of the Canaries, the majestic Norwegian Fjords, the wonderful American Deep South or the vibrant cities of the Far East. Wherever you want to visit, we have a cruise for you.Sat 24 Early AM Late Night
The most cosmopolitan of Morocco’s cities.Mon 26 Early AM Late PM
Arrecife is the gateway to the island of Lanzarote.
Arrecife, Lanzarote must do
THE FIRE MOUNTAINS (TOUR A)
- Discover the lunar landscape of the Timanfaya National Park
- Enjoy an optional unique camel ride around the foot of one of the volcanoes in the park
- View the awe-inspiring salt flats of Janubio
- Enjoy a spot of wine tasting in the La Geria region
Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura
Puerto del Rosario welcomes you to Fuerteventura in the Eastern Canaries.
Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura must do
TRANSFER TO CORRALEJO (TOUR A)
- Soak up the sun on the beautiful Corralejo Beach
- Relax and explore the area at leisure
- Indulge in a spot of retail therapy!
Puerto del Rosario, Fuerteventura
Wed 28 Early AM Late Night Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria
Benefitting from Gran Canaria's gorgeous climate and year-round warmth, Las Palmas is one of the Canary Island's most popular destinations, attracting thousands of sun-seekers every year who visit the island to relax on the abundance of golden-sand beaches and immerse themselves in the diverse range of cultures.
Las Palmas, Gran Canaria must do
PALMITOS PARK (TOUR J)
- Visit one of Gran Canaria’s most popular attractions
- Experience the exciting world of Palmitos Park, with ample free time to discover its many highlights
- Observe the park’s many fascinating creatures and take the opportunity to enjoy a walk around the botanical gardens
Santa Cruz is undoubtedly one of the prettiest towns in the entire archipelago.
Santa Cruz must do
NORTH OF THE ISLAND (TOUR A)
- Marvel at La Palma’s stunning and varied landscapes
- Admire the beautiful flora found on the island
- Discover the spectacular and unique laurel forest
- Learn how rum is produced, before enjoying a sample!
San Sebastian, La Gomera
San Sebastian is the little capital of one of the lesser-known, yet beautiful Canary Islands - La Gomera.
San Sebastian, La Gomera must do
GOMERA LANDSCAPE & JARDIN TECINA (TOUR B)
- Experience the distinctive atmosphere and ambience of the magnificent Jardin Tecina Hotel
- Explore the natural beauty of the National Park of Garajonay
- Take in breathtaking views from some fantastic viewpoints
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Tenerife’s wonderful climate and resorts have been attracting tourism for decades and rightly so. Santa Cruz is built around boulevards and wide avenues that link elegant squares and parks. A tour to the exotic Botanical Gardens or the mystical and intriguing Pyramids of Guimar is a must.
Santa Cruz de Tenerife must do
PYRAMIDS OF GUIMAR & SECRET GARDEN (TOUR EXC)
- Feel like you have stepped back in time as you discover the terraced structures, known as the Pyramids of Güímar
- Learn more about the mysterious complex that has been astronomically positioned
- Enjoy the Secret Garden and marvel at some of the most dangerous plants in the world!
Located off the coast of Africa, Funchal has a timeless charm, delightfully enhanced by a benign climate that fills this 'floating garden' with the year-round colours and perfumes of subtropical flowers and fruit.Wed 04 Early AM Late PM
Spread out over seven hills on the north of the River Tagus, Lisbon is a delightful mix of palaces, art-nouveau cafés, museums, gardens, ancient castles and splendid bridges. Don’t miss a visit to the Centro Commercial Colombo – the biggest shopping mall on the Iberian Peninsula!Sat 07 Early AM
Named after the Scottish home of the Royal Family, Balmoral is a classically styled ship exuding a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and a warming, home-from-home feel. Capable of carrying up to 1,350 guests in pure comfort, Balmoral is the newest and largest ship in the Fred. Olsen fleet but never feels overcrowded, ensuring those on board always enjoy ample space and receive Fred.’s renowned personal, attentive service.
A range of dining options are available on Balmoral, with mouth-watering menus to suit all tastes on offer in the elegant restaurants; and the fantastic selection of bars and lounges are perfect for enjoying a pre-dinner drink, sumptuous afternoon tea and superb entertainment. The Marquee Bar has its very own evening Gin Menu, including a variety of premium gins; while the Observatory Lounge offers spectacular panoramic views from the bow of the ship and a glass dance floor designed for late-night entertainment. The broad spiral staircase at the heart of the ship is one of Balmoral’s key features, as is the stunning walkway towards the beautiful Ballindalloch Restaurant, where you can admire photographs and paintings from Fred.’s private collection.
There’s also a comfy pub with occasional live music or comedy, cabaret and shows in the Neptune Lounge, and the serene Atlantis Spa, where guests can treat themselves to a range of treatments from manicures to massages – the perfect holiday indulgence. Balmoral also features two swimming pools and bubbling Jacuzzis, ideal for keeping fit and for relaxing in the sunshine.